“Of course, if Dr. Mortimer’s surmise should be correct, and we are dealing with forces outside the ordinary laws of Nature, there is an end of our investigation. But we are bound to exhaust all other hypotheses before falling back upon this one.”
Sherlock Holmes, The Hound of the Baskervilles
In part 20 we observed that the global, clandestine climate modification campaign to warm the planet primarily by means of aircraft laying down an over-seeding regime of aerosols and consequent enhanced cirrus-cloud cover, has resulted in a pronounced shift in the atmospheric convection cells and the associated jet streams further north. This has led to the high-pressure zone being shunted further north over regions lying on the edge of the planet’s mid-latitudes, including western and southwestern US, and intensifying the droughts experienced there.
Distortions in the pattern of precipitation have also contributed to the droughts as vast quantities of water are locked up by the aerosols to later fall as deluges as the cloud formations migrate to the eastern US, entraining more ice as they move.
A Study in Blue
Daniel Swain made a curious link between the warmth and drought in the West to the cold, flooding and snow to the east:
“The warmth in California and the cold weather in the rest of the country—those events are not unrelated,” he said. “The trough on the other side of this ridge is partly what allowed the polar vortex to meander from its typical home in the Arctic into Michigan.”
“This so called “Warm Arctic/Cold Continents” pattern has been prominent during a number of recent winters, but has been especially noticeable over the past couple of months as unprecedented warmth has pervaded high Arctic despite the onset of polar night.”
The Terribly Tenacious Trough
Mainstream scientist, Professor Jennifer Francis notes that the persisting high-pressure ridge dubbed by Swain as “The Ridiculously Resilient Ridge” has its counterpart in the equally persisting low-pressure trough that she has named “The Terribly Tenacious Trough”
She correctly states that jet streams exist due to differences in air temperature. In the case of the Polar jet, the “jet stream” that the media usually refers to, it’s the contrast between cold air masses moving south from the Arctic and warm air masses moving north.
She then addresses the role that climate change plays in alterations to jet stream configuration. Because the globe is warming and the Arctic more than anywhere else, the temperature difference between the air masses is getting smaller resulting in a weakening of the jet stream. According to her, this also leads to the jet wandering along a north/south meridional (wavy) pattern.
This she believes, is what enables the Arctic to drunkenly stumble over Chicago.
Comparing Francis’s theoretical diagram above with the actual GISS departure from normal temperature map below in the Northern Hemisphere winter (Dec-Jan-Feb) from the period 2013-2015, astute readers will notice a discrepancy. The cold temperatures are not coming from the Arctic, which shows an intense warming, but seem to be isolated in particular over the eastern side of the US and in the North Atlantic. The “north winds” originate further south.
This time period correlates with that of the persisting drought in the western US from 2013-2015. Note the how this cold region has no continuity with the Arctic over a three-year period, counter to the claims of certain scientists who maintain that, beyond all logic, global warming causes polar vortices to wander off all the way to Florida. The cold should weaken as it encroaches further south, not intensify.
What Weirds the Weather?
“A key factor is the Arctic sea ice, whose reflection of sunshine keeps the planet cool. Remove the sea ice, and not only does the planet start to overheat, but the whole climate is suddenly changed. The global weather systems, on whose predictability farmers rely, are dependent for their stability on there being a temperature gradient between tropics and the poles. Remove the snow and ice at one pole, and the weather systems go awry and we have “global weirding”. Peter Wadhams (AMEG member)
Both AMEG and the mediarologists support Francis’ claim that the amplified warming of the Arctic leading to a reduced temperature gradient (difference) between pole and tropics, will result in a weakening of the polar jet stream and thus more wavy (meridional) patterns. This leads to greater extremes of temperature in the mid-latitudes – weird weather patterns. Hot in the west and cold in the east or vice versa.
However, we see that contrary to this claim, global warming and a reduced temperature gradient between the North Pole and the Tropics should not result in extreme weather. Temperature fluctuations should decrease, and so cold snaps should also become less frequent. This is the conclusion of climate scientists from ETH Zurich and California Institute of Technology.
Indeed, the great climate scientist, Hubert Lamb, when he was reporting on the effects of the cooling climate of the 60’s and 70’s, mentioned the occurrence of the exact same meridional blocking patterns that Francis ascribes to warming.
“Much smaller changes over middle latitudes, where the most significant feature has been the very awkward type of variability from year to year, associated with the behaviour of blocking systems and meridional circulation patterns.” Hubert Lamb
Lamb also mentioned other effects of the cooling climate of the 60’s and 70’s.
“Greater concentration of the equatorial rains near the equator.
Reduced rainfall and failures of the monsoons over the zones near 10-20o N and 12-20o S (and farther South).
Substantially increased downput (mainly snow) in the highest Northern Latitudes.”
These effects seem to correlate with a shifting of the atmospheric cells and associated jet streams towards the equator, the opposite counterpart to the shift north resulting from a warmer climate.
The key aspect that Lamb and Francis seem to have the opposite views on is the cause of the meridional blocking patterns – the weird and wavy jet stream configuration.
To adopt one view or the other without a clear explanation is to ascribe supernatural powers to this phenomenon which mediarologists love almost to the point of adoration. They present it as a kind of serpentine weather deity that bestows drought and deluge according to its chaotic whims. In this respect such proponents are no different to worshippers of the anthropogenic CO2 god of global warming or the Sun god of the solar sunspot theorists. All of them however, have failed to “exhaust all other hypotheses.”
Jet streams are important components of the atmospheric systems that they are embedded within but they do not just decide to up-sticks and wander drunkenly over Chicago by themselves.
Thus far, we can confidently state:
- A warming climate causes the jet streams, along with their associated atmospheric cells, to shift towards the poles (north in the Northern hemisphere).
- A cooling climate causes the jet streams, along with their associated atmospheric cells, to shift towards the equator (south in the Northern hemisphere).
If we think of a wave as an alternating disturbance through a medium then we are afforded an insight into a potential solution to this conundrum:
Thesis – waviness due to warming climate
Anti-thesis – waviness due to cooling climate
Synthesis – waviness due to distorted climate resulting from an alternation of warming and cooling
Now, most certainly the weather and climate is prone to quite natural distortions of its own. This is borne out by the history of meteorology but what we are talking about here is a loading of the dice, an increase in the frequency, duration and intensity of such events that have occurred since the 70’s.
We have established that the climate, as a whole, has indeed warmed and that, overall, the jet streams and associated cells have indeed shifted north but we need to account for the fact that meridional blocking patterns, extreme distortions in the jet stream have also occurred. What could account for these intrusions of cold air into the picture?
Winter of 2014-2015 Polar Jet stream configuration over North America
- Thesis – waviness due to warming climate
- Anti-thesis – waviness due to cooling climate
- Synthesis – waviness due to distorted climate
Paralleling the synthesis arrived at above, is the synthesis arrived at in part 14,
- Thesis – the notion that clandestine geoengineering has a warming effect, the red pill.
- Anti-thesis – the notion that it has a cooling effect, the blue pill.
- Synthesis – both pills are in play.
We have the red pill – warming climate modification. This is the predominant form and has been around since at least 1970.
It involves (but is not limited to):
- The cross-hatching of the skies with an over-seeding regime of particulate trails which give rise to gigantic, persisting, artificial cirrus cloud formations. Cirrus clouds have a net warming effect. Increasing their frequency, coverage and duration in a given region contributes towards warming, evaporation and evapotranspiration but will drastically reduce precipitation as the great quantities of aerosols lock up water. Unlike CO2 which as a gas spreads evenly across the planet, artificial cirrus cover can be laid down anywhere in the upper troposphere over any region of the earth to whatever degree is deigned desirable to the covert geoengineers.
- The dispersal of black carbon particles from below, trapping solar radiation to generate heat, discouraging the formation of lower clouds and in turn causing air and moisture to rise by means of convection. As it rises to colder layers above, the moisture condenses to form cloud in conjunction with the ice nuclei already seeded to encourage the formation of higher clouds.
However, we also have the blue pill – cooling climate modification.
It entails (but is not limited to):
- The introduction of seeding agents such as urea and bacteria with a large endothermic heat of solution into the previously established cirrus cloud formations. This forces more ice onto the crystals, accelerating precipitation, reducing cirrus cloud coverage and invigorating cumulus cloud formation lower down as the particulates and associated ice descends and melts. Lower clouds have a net-cooling effect. Decreasing the frequency and duration of cirrus clouds, and increasing that of cumulus clouds in a given region will contribute towards cooling, reduction of evaporation and evapotranspiration, and a drastic increase in precipitation.
- More intense results can be achieved through greater application of the artificial ice nucleating agents such as urea and bacteria that will enhance this process by driving temperatures above freezing to below. This brings about snowfall that would not otherwise occur and leads to the events misleadingly named Polar Vortices. Misleading because they originate not from the North Pole nor even the Arctic circle but from regions further south.
- The dispersal of black carbon particles at the surface level, generating convection and encouraging the formation of lower clouds as the moisture rises to meet the nuclei that have been forced down to the lower levels.
From the information gleaned from part 18 we can now also add:
- The use of rotating frequency beams generated by Doppler radar which strip the electrons from the air in the regions ionised. Electrons radically enhance cumulus cloud condensation. Condensation also releases latent heat which further lofts the water vapour up to the upper levels of the troposphere where it is captured by the aerosols, speeding the process of precipitation. The extra heat from black carbon dispersal and augmented cloud condensation forces water up to the meet the descending ice nuclei, urea and bacteria resulting in the sudden flashing over into “thunder-snow” that has the mediarologists in such a spin.
Integrating our vision of the two opposing forms of geoengineering, we can see that the red pill, warming modification shifts the jet stream towards the pole whilst the blue pill, cooling modification shifts the jet stream toward the equator.
The interplay between the two, the warming modification acting as the “background”, interspersed with periodic cooling interventions, these opposing forms of climate engineering give rise to the weird jet stream configurations that have been observed in recent times.
The jet stream is blamed for a lot these days, but in reality, it does not just decide to up sticks and wander about by itself causing strange weather as the mediarologists would have you believe. As the jet streams are the result of the temperature differences between air masses, any form of jet stream manipulation, must be the result of a prior manipulation of the temperatures of the giant air masses that underlie them. Thus, simplified, Phil-anthropogenic Global Warming will warm air masses and the interspersed cooling modification will cool others and the jet stream simply snakes around them in response. It’s the tail not the dog.
The Vast Air Bender
In this simplified diagram, the jet stream can be seen snaking around the air masses.
The H indicates the high-pressure air masses moving north, rotating clockwise as the air sinks. The red broken line indicates the counter influence of warming modification in the opposite direction. This causes the air mass to encroach further north than it would normally and creates the ridge.
The L indicates the low-pressure mass moving south, rotating anti-clockwise as the air lifts. The blue broken line indicates the counter influence of cooling modification in the opposite direction. This causes the air mass to encroach further south than it would normally and creates the trough.
As winds move from areas of high pressure to low pressure both vertically and horizontally, the reduction in pressure on H and increase in pressure on L results in a corresponding reduction in the pressure gradient. This contributes to the blocking effect although it should now be clear that simply applying these opposing forms of geoengineering for extended periods is what really accounts for the persistence.
This persisting pattern can occasionally be reversed as occurred in 2016.
Dane Wigington documents:
“…a massive engineered cool-down of the US West while the Eastern US continues to hit record highs (the exact antithesis of the previous 3 years)..”
“In the “Climate Reanilizer” departure from average map below, the projected results of the engineered Western cool-down are showing up. As the aerosolized moisture streams in from the West, chemical nucleation drops the cloud temperatures. This creates a cold dense layer of air that descends to the ground and lowers the temperatures, the desired outcome for the geoengineers.”
Thus, the “Ridiculously Resilient Ridge” can become the “Torturously Temporary Trough” and the “Terribly Tenacious Trough” can become the “Rudely Reversed Ridge“.
“… The spring, the summer,
The childing autumn, angry winter change
Their wonted liveries, and the mazèd world,
By their increase, now knows not which is which.
And this same progeny of evils comes
From our debate, from our dissension.
We are their parents and original”
A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- Unlike the Ridiculously Resilient Ridge, its counterpart, the Terribly Tenacious Trough, cannot be ascribed to global warming, although Francis and other mainstream scientists have attempted to do so.
- Francis claims that due to the reduction in the temperature difference between the arctic and mid-latitude air masses, the resultant weakening of the polar jet stream leads to a meridional (wavy) pattern that enables the Arctic winds to wander drunkenly over Chicago.
- Francis suffers from the mistaken notion that jet streams “cause” these large temperature contrasts between air masses whereas, in reality, they result from them.
- According to climate scientists from ETH Zurich and California Institute of Technology, and contrary to what these “mediarologists” claim, global warming and a reduced temperature gradient between the North Pole and the Tropics will not result in extreme weather. Temperature fluctuations should decrease, and so cold snaps should also become less frequent.
- Renowned climate scientist, Hubert Lamb held the opposite view to Francis, that wavy jet stream distortions were correlated with a cooler climate.
- Most telling of all is the discrepancy between Francis’s model of the Arctic winds invading the south and actual GISS maps which reveal that these days the “north winds” originate much further south with no continuity from the Arctic which consistently shows anomalous warming.
- In short, it is impossible for the observed cold region anomalies to have been caused by global warming.
- The true cause is climate modification, of which there are two modes:
- We have warming climate modification. This is the dominant form and has been around since at least 1970.
- However, we also have cooling climate modification.
- The interplay between the two forms is the cause of the distortions in the jet stream.
In part 21 we will investigate the potential motivations on the part of the geoengineers to introduce regions of extreme cold into the picture of overall global warming.